Friday, November 21, 2008

PASS Summit 2008 Session on Optimizing Dimension Designs

Well, its been quite some time since I last blogged.  The summer and fall were a pretty busy time, but I guess everyone is busy, so that's no real excuse.  Although I didn't post about it prior to the PASS Summit 2008 conference, I finished up my presentation at the conference today.  As in prior years, I spoke about dimension designs in SSAS.  This year I included information regarding good dimension designs and a few interesting design scenarios that call for "outside the box" thinking.

Over the next several weeks, I'm planning a series of posts containing information from my presentation.  And I'll hopefully include some details that I had to gloss over based on the limited amount of time available during my session (75 minutes goes by pretty quickly!)  If you happened to catch my session, let me know what you thought -- hopefully it was entertaining if nothing else!  And stay tuned over the coming weeks for additional posts related to optimizing dimension designs.

PS.  If I get permission from PASS, I'll post my slide deck here (waiting to hear if that breaks any speaker rules or not...)

No comments: