Friday, November 28, 2008

Optimizing Dimension Designs (Series Prelude)

As I indicated in my last post, I presented at the PASS Summit 2008 conference on optimizing dimension designs.  This is a prelude to a series of posts I'll be doing over the next several weeks related to that presentation.

First things first.  If you missed my session, you missed a special appearance by Beaker from The Muppets.  As I mentioned during my talk, I used to work at Intellinet, a great consulting firm located in Atlanta.  While there (from 1997 to 2005), I grew and managed the original BI practice there, trying to manage the likes of Douglas McDowell and Erik Veerman (yes, I'm partially responsible for both of them!)  At any rate, at a Christmas party one year, they presented me with a special award -- my very own Beaker statue.  I certainly don't see the resemblance, but everyone got a kick out of it (and I still have that statue!)  So, to lighten up my session, I started things off right by including this Beaker video -- and explained to everyone that I was a lot like Beaker in that video during the conference as I had to completely rebuild my VPC and demos after an external USB drive crashed on me the day before the conference started -- yikes!

At any rate, enjoy the Beaker video if you didn't catch my session.  And if you managed to catch my session, let me know if you thought Beaker stole the show!!

PS.  Congratulations to Douglas McDowell for becoming a new PASS Board member!

1 comment:

Douglas said...

Thanks Dave!! Yes, you were definitely the one that started me on BI, back before it was so cool... Glad you are still cherishing Beaker statue ;)

--Douglas McDowell